Saturday, June 28, 2014

ISTE2014... so it begins

What begins? #ISTE2014 began for me last night. It was our last day of school for this year. It should be time to put our feet up and relax. Nope... As a connected educator and a perpetual learner it was time to head off for the wonderful ISTE conference. After the close of school, I ran home. Rechecked to make sure I packed everything I might need. Headed to the airport. Met up with colleagues I am lucky enough to call friends. And away to ISTE we go...

I admit this educator who normally runs on just a few hours sleep, slept quite well for the night. Woke up and headed to the conference center to check in. 

What a great feeling to connect with friends I haven't seen in what feels like forever (even if maybe it was just since July).  We scoped out the lay of the land. Participated in some interesting discussions. Networked with friends. Twitter, Facebook, The ISTE Networking Game... I'm glad the servers could handle us all (for the most part). I had the pleasure of running into so many of my beloved Discovery Education friends. I lost count! What an amazing feeling.

Next it was on to a party hosted by Class Dojo. How nice to make new friends! 

Then we returned to put our feet up on the balcony. Watch a beautiful sunset. And relax for a little bit.

Of course I had to round out the night on social media and blogging. But it was nice to spend some time today connecting in the real world. I think perhaps we all need to remember to put down our devices for a moment and enjoy life as it happens. 
Otherwise, you might miss the view like this...
Savor the moments when we take time to reflect and review.

No comments:

Post a Comment